Modern Essentials – English 10th Edition September 2018
One of our most popular hardcover books just got better. Modern Essentials: The Complete Guide to the Therapeutic Use of Essential Oils is amazingly practical for anyone wanting to learn about essential oils and their everyday uses. It is the ultimate guide, whether you are a new or experienced essential oils user. The simple, easy-to-use format has been improved to help you quickly find important information: which essential oils to use for hundreds of health conditions, how to safely and effectively apply them, and ways to incorporate oils into daily living. This book is an indispensable reference for any aromatherapy library.
Features of the New Edition:
- Fresh, new cover.
- Simple, spacious page designs featuring more full-color photographs, descriptive charts, and illustrations.
- Detailed descriptions of over 60 essential oils and 30 blends, including 9 essential oils and 7 blends new to this edition.
- “Simple Solutions”—over 150 condition-specific recipes, blends, and tips in “My Usage Guide” section.
- “My Usage Guide” organized alphabetically for hundreds of common disorders—like acne—and serious diseases—like diabetes.
- Easy-to-understand definitions after each medical condition in “My Usage Guide.”
- “Essential Oil Basics” chapter outlining application and safety fundamentals for novice and experienced essential oil users.
- Expanded, separate “Essential Living” chapter containing lifestyle ideas and recipes for personal care, children, cleaning, cooking, nutrition, and exercise.
- Interchangeable blend recipes for personal and home care in “Essential Living” chapter.
- Separate section for essential-oil inspired “Personal Care and Spa” products.
- Body systems symbol throughout the book to highlight different body systems affected by the oils.
- Section on “Plants and Essential Oils”—why and how plants create essential oils.
- “Single Essential Oils” and “Essential Oil Blends” sections with “Quick Facts” box for simple reference on the basics of any oil or blend.
- Listings of all of the essential oils and blends with chemical constituents, historical uses, application suggestions, safety data, and more.
- “Essential Oil Science In Depth” chapter enhancing knowledge with illustrations and explanations on essential oils, benefits, safety information, and more.
- Hundreds of research studies as footnote references throughout the book.
- Illustrated charts for auricular points, reflex hand and foot therapy, the autonomic nervous system, and more.
- “My Notes on Essential Oils and Blends” section with blank pages for personal observations and references (after the sections on “Single Essential Oils,” “Essential Oil Blends,” and “Essential Supplements”).
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
The Basics of Essential Oils
An Introduction to Essential Oils
A Brief History of Essential Oils
Auricular Internal Body Points
Reflexology Hand and Foot Charts
Balancing Touch Massage Technique
Autonomic Nervous System
Nose and Olfactory System
The Art of Blending
Single Essential Oils
Essential Oil Blends
Personal Care and Spa
My Usage Guide
How to Use This Section
Dilution Reference Chart
Additional Notes on Using Essential Oils
My Usage Guide
Bath and Shower
Essential Oils and Cooking
Nutrition and Essential Oils
Exercise and Essential Oils
Essential Oil Science in Depth
How Essential Oils Interact with the Body
Plants and Essential Oils
Ensuring Essential Oil Purity and Quality
Essential Oil Constituents
Appendix and References
Appendix A: Body Systems Chart
Appendix B: Single Essential Oils Property Chart
Appendix C: Essential Oil and Blend Quick Usage Chart
Appendix D: Taxonomical Information
My Notes on Essential Oils and Blends
Publication: September 2018, 10th Edition.
Dimensions: 28,5 x 21,5 cm.
- Buy 12 or more for € 30.00 each
- Buy 36 0r more for € 25.00 each